Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter Weekend....

Welcome to Colorado!  Weather this weekend has not been conducive to hiking or biking.  Temps in the 20's; snow covered ground... not good.  However, I refuse to let a weekend go to waste.  So this weekend, I've been breaking in my new boots.

As some of my readers (either one of you)  may recall, I have been struggling with a right ankle that rolls all the time.  Even my dogs were getting embarrassed by all the high-pitched squeeky whining noises I was making while walking on an ankle that was killing me.

So I've been searching for a boot that would provide the ankle support necessary for me to get up and down the mountains without the need to produce girly-noises.  After an exhaustive search, I settled on the Bitterroot boot by Vasque.  I'm pretty happy with these things.  They are basically bomb-proof.  They are Vasque's newest offering for this year.  They are essentially a beefed up version of their Sahwatch brand.  So this weekend, my goal has been to break these things in.  So far, so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment